Loading Events
  • This event has passed.

Postponed: We the Dreamers — Una Vida Mejor

December 15 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm

| $15

Una Vida Mejor has been postponed until later 2019. We will update with an exact date soon.

Join us for Una Vida Mejor: A Tribute to the Original Dreamers! Following up on the success of our big event last year We the Dreamers: An Art Show to Defend DACA, our group is getting ready to bring you an even bigger show. We are shifting the focus from DACA to a different part of the undocumented community: the original dreamers, the parents.

The event will feature:

– Artwork by several undocumented artists
– Silent Auction with several participating Portland businesses
– Food & Drinks by our amazing organizers & caterers
– Presentation
– Very special musical guest & DJ to follow
– New merch for sale

Last year we raised $16,000, so this year our goal is to raise $20,000. We believe we can do it with your help. 80% of the money we raise will go directly to our friends at Pueblo Unido, who continue doing really good work to help out folks with a vulnerable immigration status. The other 20% will go back to our team for more programming in 2019.

About We the Dreamers

On September 5th, 2017, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced the end of the DACA program. This created expiration dates for 800,000 recipients of the program, who were suddenly having to deal with the very real possibility of deportation from the country they call their home.

We the Dreamers is an autonomous, undocumented-led group that was created by eight friends in order to bring to light the undocumented narrative. On December 1st, we hosted their first event We the Dreamers: An Art Show to Defend DACA. It was a sold-out, two-day show with over 700 attendees, 50+ participating Portland-area businesses, and just over $16,000 in donations. Those donations were given to three organizations on the national, state, and local level (respectively): United We Dream, Oregon DACA Coalition, and Pueblo Unido.

We the Dreamers aims to put on events that incorporate art and the undocumented narrative.

Details

Date:
December 15
Time:
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Cost:
$15
Website:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/una-vida-mejor-a-tribute-to-the-original-dreamers-tickets-51591299967

Organizer

We the Dreamers
Email:
hdelacruz@ecotrust.org
Website:
https://www.wethedreamerspdx.org/

Venue

The Redd
831 SE Salmon St.
Portland, OR 97214 United States
+ Google Map

« All Events