The Venue Coordinator will work with the Ecotrust Events Department to assist and service events happening within the Natural Capital Center (NCC) and the Redd on Salmon Street. Our ideal candidate enjoys working independently, loves interacting with people, excels at physical work, and is able to remain calm and collected in stressful circumstances. The Venue coordinator will be the clients’ main point of contact during event venue rentals and ensures that clients’ audio/visual needs are met, executes the room setup and breakdown, provides light housekeeping for events. Our beautiful and historic buildings are prized assets and the venue coordinator plays a critical role in protecting the spaces during event rentals. This is a part-time position, mainly weekends, weekday early mornings and evenings, and possibly additional weekday shifts. Additional hours are possible, based on the candidate’s flexibility, performance, and ambition. This is a part-time, at-will position. Qualified candidates must be effective team players and committed to Ecotrust’s mission.
Who we are: Ecotrust creates and accelerates triple-bottom-line innovations to benefit our region and inspire the world. On the farm, at the coast, in the forest, and across our cities, we work in partnership towards an equitable, prosperous, climate-smart future. Our home is Salmon Nation, the region from California to Alaska that holds productive lands and determined people. We recognize the legacy of colonialism and the deep inequities of this place, and we believe that radical, practical change is possible and necessary. Since 1991, we have created durable change and sparked ideas across the globe. Learn more at Ecotrust.org.
Since 2001, we have operated event facilities in Ecotrust’s historic LEED-certified building in the Pearl District. Our event operations serve to tell Ecotrust’s story and return funding resources back to the organization. We rapidly expanded in 2019, with an additional 7,000-square-foot venue called the Irving Street Studio. Additionally, the Redd on Salmon Street (Redd East), a campus dedicated to the good food movement fully opened in January of 2019. Redd East offers 10,000+ square feet of combined convening space. Learn more at ecotrust.org.
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
- Set up and teardown for events, lifting and/or moving furniture; physical work is involved and prominent. This includes setting up and breaking down 100+ chairs and 20+ tables.
- Main point of contact for clients during event, providing outstanding customer service and proactively anticipating client needs. Must enjoy client interactions, keeping clients happy and staying calm in stressful circumstances.
- Ability to simultaneously adhere to building policy while maintaining a positive interaction with clients.
- Set up audiovisual equipment and troubleshoot as needed.
- Housekeeping of event spaces, to include but not limited to: wiping down tables and chairs, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming and mopping floors, taking out the trash, recycling, and composting, etc.
- Administrative duties: database work in Salesforce, scanning, printing signage, filing, and maintaining office organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift 50lbs or more. (Must be able to move conference center furniture on own).
- Strong customer service with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including with people from different races, ethnicities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Experience in events/catering preferred, or transferable skills.
- Must possess interest in event coordination.
- Highly personable, proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to prioritize as the situation demands.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot as needed.
- Enthusiasm and knowledge about audio/visual equipment a plus.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to do repetitive tasks (set up/teardown).
- Must be organized and able to pay attention to minute details.
- Must be reliable and responsible.
How To Apply:
Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to: email@example.com with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above. This position is open until filled.
This is a part-time, hourly position. Starting pay is $16.00 an hour.
Ecotrust hosted an informational session about this position. You can view the session here.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out to the contact above in advance to request assistance.