The Event Sales Associate works with the Ecotrust Events team to book venue rentals and coordinate venue logistics at multiple properties, including the venues located in Ecotrust’s Natural Capital Center and the Redd on Salmon Street. The Event Sales Associate will service events, move clients through the sales pipeline, support sales initiatives, and assist with administrative projects. The successful candidate is passionate about events, with some experience planning, coordinating, and selling event services in a venue or catering establishment. The position will lend itself to candidates who enjoy the fast pace of the events industry and an appetite for crushing a wide range of tasks and projects. Qualified candidates must be effective team players, with demonstrated ability to work with demanding clients and a personal drive to exceed client satisfaction. A commitment to working effectively with clients from different cultures and experiences is a must, as well as an enthusiasm for sustainable events and Ecotrust’s mission.
Who we are: Ecotrust is powered by the vision of a world where people and nature thrive together. Since 1991, we have partnered with local communities from California to Alaska to build new ways of living and doing business. From forestry to finance, food access to green building, we work to advance social equity, economic opportunity, and environmental well-being. Together, we are making this place we live a home that we love.
Since 2001, we have operated event facilities in Ecotust’s historic LEED-certified building in the Pearl District. We’re rapidly expanding this year, with an additional 7,000 square foot venue called the Irving Street Studio. Additionally, the Redd on Salmon Street, a campus dedicated to the good food movement, opened in January of this year. Redd East offers 10,000+ square feet of combined venue space. The event spaces serve to deliver flexible spending back to Ecotrust and harness the power of convening communities. Learn more at ecotrust.org.
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
- Execution of sales and coordination, from initial inquiries through day-of venue coordination.
- Provide professional and informative tours for prospective clients, while representing Ecotrust’s core values.
- Commitment to bringing your client’s vision to life, employing an exceptional eye for detail and highly developed drive for exceeding expectations.
- Effective communication through email and phone correspondence relating to sales, policies, bookings, and procedures. Ability to be simultaneously gracious and steadfast in maintaining policies and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Exhibit strong time management skills, with the ability to pivot between event coordination and administrative work.
- Active contributor within a high-functioning team; able to be humble, collaborative, supportive, appreciative, and reliant on your team members.
- Attention to detail in executing and documenting administrative duties: database entry in Salesforce, processing contracts, account receivables, and file management.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot audiovisual equipment, as necessary.
- Ability to perform physical work. This position contributes to the set-up/teardown of events including the lifting and moving furniture. Setting event spaces is part of this position and during busy weeks, physical work may constitute 1-2 hours of your work each day. In other times, it will be less. Candidates should be prepared for this role within the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to marriage equality and racial justice, with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people from different cultures and experiences.
- Enthusiasm for sales, coordination, and events.
- Minimum of two years of experience in sales or catering required.
- Entry level knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM.
- Articulate in conveying information to diverse stakeholders, including clients and various levels of the organization.
- Highly developed sense of hospitality with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workflow while juggling multiple clients, projects, and timelines.
- Ability and enthusiasm for executing physical tasks. Able to lift 50 pounds or more. (Must be able to move conference center furniture.)
- Work well in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated grace under pressure.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
How To Apply:
Please follow these directions closely. Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC on the Ecotrust website) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume (1 page maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above. Your cover letter should briefly summarize your experience in the event or hospitality industry, what inspires you to pursue this career, and how your experience relates to this position.
The Selection Process:
- Initial review of minimum qualifications
- Interview (over the phone or Skype)
- Consideration of top candidates (in-person hiring activities)
- Reference checks
Salary Range: $40,000 – $43,000 per year. This is a full-time position, with a regular schedule of Tuesday through Saturday. Ecotrust offers a full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, and disability coverage.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. Jobs@ecotrust.org must receive all required documentation.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out to the contact above in advance to request assistance.