The Financial Analyst will be responsible for all reporting and accounting related to grants and contracts. This position will also be responsible for various activities related to month-end close and the annual audit, including requirements related to the OMB’s Uniform Guidance.
In accordance with Ecotrust’s value of centering equity, people of color and first-generation college students will be given preference in the hiring process. We are seeking someone who is passionate about addressing the pressing issues of social inequity and climate change, and candidates excited about using their skills to contribute toward that mission. We are committed to providing you with clear expectations, tangible growth opportunities, and an environment of continuous learning.
Who we are: Ecotrust is a regional organization that has been leading restoration-based economic development since 1991. Ecotrust’s many innovations include cofounding an environmental bank, starting the world’s first ecosystem investment fund, creating a range of programs in fisheries, forestry, food, farms and indigenous affairs, and developing new scientific and information tools to improve social, economic and environmental decision making. Learn more about our work here: www.ecotrust.org
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
- Work closely with program managers & the development group to set up project specific codes
- Prepare invoices in agreement with grant and contract terms
- Apply payment received to invoices. Work with program staff and funders/customers to resolve any overdue invoices
- Ensure expenses (including employee time and administrative overhead charges) and revenue are recorded correctly
- Work with program managers to resolve any financial issues (overspends, budget updates, etc.)
- Ensure that revenue is released from restriction as appropriate and that contract revenue is booked in accordance with GAAP
- Calculate and submit the proposal for the organization’s negotiated indirect cost rate
- Provide project-level financial reporting to program managers and supporting staff
- Work with project directors to comply with funder’s terms and conditions, monitor spending, and assist with grant reporting requirements, including the submission of SF-424s, SF-425s, and other interim and final financial reports
- You are aware of disparities faced by communities of color and First Nations, Alaska Natives, and American Indian communities, and you use your unique skills and voice to promote equity
- You are excited about Ecotrust’s mission to inspire fresh thinking that creates economic opportunity, social equity, and environmental well-being
- You hold a BA/BS degree in business, accounting, or economics
- You have 2-5 years of financial accounting experience, preferably including a mix of both for-profits and non-profits
- You have demonstrated the ability to work closely with other departments/functions, and to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- You have a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including use of advanced functions and pivot tables
- You have an interest in utilizing your accounting skills as a means to support the causes you care about
How To Apply:
Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above.
The expected salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $70,000 per year. This is a full-time position.
Ecotrust offers a full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, and disability coverage.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.