The Financial Analyst will be responsible for all contract and grant reporting and accounting. This position will also be responsible for various activities related to month-end close and the annual audit, including requirements related to the OMB’s Uniform Guidance.
Who we are: Ecotrust is a regional organization that has been leading restoration-based economic development since 1991. Ecotrust’s many innovations include cofounding an environmental bank, starting the world’s first ecosystem investment fund, creating a range of programs in fisheries, forestry, food, farms and indigenous affairs, and developing new scientific and information tools to improve social, economic and environmental decision making. Learn more about our work here: www.ecotrust.org
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
- Work closely with program managers & the development group to set up project specific codes for all grants and contracts
- Interpret provisions in grant and contract documents relating to payment terms, billing, and revenue recognition
- Prepare invoices in agreement with grant and contract terms
- Apply payment received to invoices. Work with program staff and funders/customers to resolve any overdue invoices.
- Ensure expenses (including employee time and administrative overhead charges) and revenue are recorded correctly
- Work with program managers to resolve any financial issues (overspends, budget updates, etc.) related to grants and contracts
- Ensure that grant revenue is released from restriction as appropriate and that contract revenue is booked in accordance with GAAP
- Calculate and submit the proposal for the organization’s negotiated indirect cost rate
- Provide project level financial reporting to program and grant managers
- Support projects’ funding proposals: assist with budgets, including those for match funding, and provide supporting documents
- Work with project directors to comply with funder’s terms and conditions, monitor spending, and assist with grant reporting requirements, including the submission of SF-424s, SF-425s, and other interim and final financial reports.
- BA/BS degree in business, accounting, or economics
- 2-5 years of financial accounting experience, preferably including a mix of both for-profits and non-profits
- Experience in a multi-company or project/contract based financial environment
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other departments/functions
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including use of advanced functions and pivot tables
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
How To Apply:
Please follow these directions closely. Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to email@example.com with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position.
The expected salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $70,000 per year. This is a full-time position.
Ecotrust offers a full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, and disability coverage.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.