The Venue and Office Coordinator will split duties between two teams, working within the Ecotrust Events and Ecotrust Operations departments. The ideal candidate will thrive on positive interactions with clients, staff, and visitors to Ecotrust’s Natural Capital Center. Within the Events department, responsibilities will include providing excellent customer service for daytime events, as well as setting and breaking down furniture for venue rentals. Additionally, this position will handle administrative tasks like invoicing, light bookkeeping, and accounts receivables. Within the Ecotrust Operations role, the Venue and Office Coordinator works in collaboration with Ecotrust’s Office and Technology Manager. Duties will include answering phones, ordering supplies, communicating with building tenants, and managing internal meeting spaces. This is a full time position, working in Ecotrust’s Natural Capital Center Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Qualified candidates must be effective team players and committed to Ecotrust’s mission.
Who we are: Ecotrust creates and accelerates triple-bottom-line innovations to benefit our region and inspire the world. On the farm, at the coast, in the forest, and across our cities, we work in partnership towards an equitable, prosperous, climate-smart future. Our home is Salmon Nation, the region from California to Alaska that holds productive lands and determined people. We recognize the legacy of colonialism and the deep inequities of this place, and we believe that radical, practical change is possible and necessary. Since 1991, we have created durable change and sparked ideas across the globe. Learn more at Ecotrust.org.
Since 2001, we have operated event venues in Ecotrust’s historic LEED-certified building in the Pearl District. In 2019, Ecotrust Events significantly expanded, adding both The Redd on Salmon Street and the Irving Street Studio to our portfolio of mission-driven event venues. We now operate 44,000 square feet of combined convening space, executing green event venues committed to environmentally sound practices, equitable partnerships, and regional economic development. Our event operations serve to tell Ecotrust’s story and return funding resources back to the organization. Learn more at ecotrust.org/our-venue.
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
- Set up and teardown for events, lifting and/or moving furniture; physical work is involved
- Main point of contact for clients during day-time events, providing outstanding customer service.
- Set up audiovisual equipment and troubleshoot as needed.
- Housekeeping of event spaces, to include but not limited to: wiping down tables and chairs, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming floors, taking out the trash, recycling, and composting.
- Data entry and file management in Salesforce.
- Invoicing clients, running credit cards, and updating client files.
- Ordering products and coding purchases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Answering multi-line phone and routing calls to the appropriate person.
- Greeting and directing guests arriving at the Ecotrust office.
- Receiving and distributing incoming mail.
- Preparing and sending outgoing mail and express mail.
- Maintenance of internal conference room calendars and meeting scheduling.
- Maintain office appearance and overall cleanliness.
- Serve as point of contact for building tenants.
- Build community within the Natural Capital Center, informing tenants about relevant events, collaboration, and opportunities.
- Work with building management to help tenants get keys, fobs, lockers, and parking spaces.
- Schedule and provide building tours as assigned.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including with people from different races, ethnicities, cultures, and backgrounds
- Experience in events and catering preferred, or transferable skills
- Highly personable, proactive, and self-motivated with great follow-through
- Ability to prioritize as the situation demands
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot as needed
- Enthusiasm and knowledge about audio/visual equipment a plus
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Able to lift 50lbs or more (Must be able to move conference center furniture on own)
- Applicable administrative experience, including light bookkeeping
- Strong attention to detail and task management
- Ability to remain calm and composed in high pressure situations
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Commitment to and understanding of Ecotrust’s mission and values
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
How To Apply:
Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Starting pay is $41,000/year
Ecotrust hosted an informational session about this position. You can view the session here.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this r