The Weddings & Venue Coordinator will work with the Ecotrust Events Team to assist and service events happening within the Natural Capital Center (NCC) and the Redd on Salmon Street. The Weddings & Venue Coordinator will work closely with the Events Sales Manager to move weddings and social events through the event lifecycle, including providing sales tours and site visits, acting as the clients’ main point of contact during events, participating in event setup and breakdown, and providing light housekeeping. Our beautiful and historic buildings are prized assets and the venue coordinator plays a critical role in protecting the spaces during event rentals. This is a Full-time position, typically working Tuesday through Saturday with Sundays on an as needed basis. Qualified candidates must be an effective team player. Candidate must display an authentic commitment to Ecotrust’s mission to inspire fresh thinking that creates economic opportunity, social equity, and environmental well-being; with a commitment to advancing racial equity and addressing climate change.
Who we are: Ecotrust creates and accelerates triple-bottom-line innovations to benefit our region and inspire the world. On the farm, at the coast, in the forest, and across our cities, we work in partnership towards an equitable, prosperous, climate-smart future. Since 1991, we have created durable change and sparked ideas across the globe. Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives and lived experiences that we believe foster learning, creativity, innovation, and equity. Learn more at Ecotrust.org.
Since 2001, we have operated event venues in Ecotrust’s historic LEED-certified building in the Pearl District. In 2019, Ecotrust Events significantly expanded, adding both The Redd on Salmon Street and the Irving Street Studio to our portfolio of mission-driven event venues. We now operate 44,000 square feet of combined convening space, executing green event venues committed to environmentally sound practices, equitable partnerships, and regional economic development. Our event operations serve to tell Ecotrust’s story and return funding resources back to the organization. Learn more at ecotrust.org/our-venue.
- Provide knowledgeable and welcoming sales tours for prospective clients.
- Conduct site visits for booked clients, tracking and documenting details relating to layout, vendors, timelines, and decor.
- Support Events Sales Manager by creating layouts, inputting data, and corresponding with clients.
- Set up and teardown for events, lifting and/or moving furniture; physical work is involved and prominent. This includes setting up and breaking down 100+ chairs and 20+ tables.
- Main point of contact for clients during events, interacting with all clients, guests and vendors in a positive manner, providing outstanding customer service no matter the race, ethnicity, culture, and background of the person
- Remains calm and collected in stressful circumstances, simultaneously adheres to building policy and feels empowered to make executive decisions surrounding the venue while coordinating an event
- Set up audiovisual equipment and troubleshoot as needed.
- Housekeeping of event spaces, to include but not limited to: wiping down tables and chairs, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming and mopping floors, taking out the trash, recycling, and composting, etc.
- Administrative duties: database work in Salesforce, scanning, printing signage, filing, and maintaining office organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to marriage equality, as well as racial and and environmental justice, with a demonstrated ability to interact and engage appropriately with people from different cultures and experiences.
- Able to lift 50lbs or more (must be able to move conference center furniture on one’s own).
- Strong customer service with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including with people from different races, ethnicities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Highly personable, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Ability to prioritize as the situation demands.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot as needed.
- Enthusiasm and knowledge about audio/visual equipment are a plus.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to do repetitive tasks (set up/teardown).
- Must be organized and able to pay attention to minute details.
- Must be reliable and responsible.
Preferred But Not Required:
- Experience working on weddings from either a catering or venue position.
- Experience with Salesforce, Caterease, Gather, or other CRM.
How To Apply:
Please follow these directions closely. Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to email@example.com with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position.
The Selection Process:
- Initial review of minimum qualifications
- Interview (over the phone or Zoom)
- Consideration of top candidates
- Reference check
Salary Range: $44,000-$48,000.
This is a full-time position on Ecotrust’s Events Team, based in Portland, Oregon. Ecotrust offers a full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, and disability coverage. Ecotrust is committed to growth and learning for all staff members and provides relevant developmental training opportunities, and we strongly support our employees as whole people.
Learn more about this position: Info session Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 at 3:30pm PST
Ecotrust is hosting an informational session about this position Tuesday June 15th at 3:30pm PST. You can call in via conference line to ask questions.
Please click this URL to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/92941275891
To join by phone, dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923
Webinar ID: 929 4127 5891
If you will be unable to join, you may also submit questions to Mkrumm@ecotrust.org ahead of time. We will record the session and post the recording to the Ecotrust website shortly afterwards.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions. Individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, or other People of Color, people who are queer, trans, non-binary, people with disabilities, people who are immigrants, people from poor and working class backgrounds, and people who are/have been system-impacted are strongly encouraged to apply.
Click here to learn more about equity at Ecotrust, including our official equity statement and annual racial equity action plans and reports. We expect all our employees to share a commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process.
COVID-19 Response: Ecotrust recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic is already having disproportionately negative impacts on Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, immigrants, parents, caregivers, frontline workers, and others. While this position is a full-time position, Ecotrust will work with the final candidate to develop a schedule and workload that is manageable for them and their family during the pandemic, including part-time and working remotely until the pandemic is better controlled. We also offer paid sick-leave for caregivers and those directly affected by COVID-19. Ecotrust recognizes these are unprecedented times and wants to remove any barriers that would prevent anyone disproportionately affected by the pandemic from applying.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out to the contact above in advance to request assistance.