Oregon State University College of Forestry partners with Ecotrust to present free outdoor concert and forests and water-themed street fair on the First Thursday in August
On August 6, immerse yourself in the ethereal folk rock of Mimicking Birds followed by the frenetic beats and psychedelic guitars of Orquestra Pacifico Tropical at the Sundown Concert at Ecotrust. Sundown is a monthly series of free outdoor concerts at the landmark green building. The musical performance sits at the heart of a community celebration including a street fair-style Innovation Showcase focused on the theme of forests and water with more than 40 local organizations sharing their work. Plus, the Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre will perform using the Ecotrust building as their stage, props, backdrop, and inspiration. This Sundown Concert is presented in partnership with Oregon State University College of Forestry.
- Orquestra Pacifico Tropical, inspired by 50s, 60s and 70s cumbias from Colombia to Peru
- Mimicking Birds ethereal folk rock
- More than 40 forests and water-focused organizations and businesses
- Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre’s innovative dance, taking inspiration from the architecture, community, and crowd
- Hotlips Pizza and Laughing Planet
- Morgan St. Theater mobile ice cream parlor
- Metro Parent/PDX Kids Calendar kids’ activities
- And more!
WHEN: First Thursday, August 6, 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 pm
WHERE: Ecotrust Natural Capital Center parking lot, 721 NW 9th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209
PARTNERS: Oregon State University College of Forestry and 80 other organizations
SOCIAL: @ecotrust #SundownPDX
PRESS IMAGES: http://bit.ly/1LljxRs