The Event Coordinator will work with the Ecotrust Event Staff to assist and service events happening within the Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center (NCC) and The Foundry Building at the Redd on Salmon Street. The Event Coordinator will be the clients’ main point of contact during events and ensure that clients’ audio/visual needs are met; be involved with event setup and breakdown: physical work is involved; provide light housekeeping and security for events. This is a part-time position, mainly weekends, weekday early mornings and evenings, and possibly additional weekday shifts. Additional hours are possible, based on the candidate’s flexibility with their schedule, performance, and ambition. This is a part-time, at-will position. Qualified candidates must be an effective team player and committed to Ecotrust’s mission.
Who we are: Ecotrust is powered by the vision of a world where people and nature thrive together. Since 1991, we have partnered with local communities from California to Alaska to build new ways of living and doing business. From forestry to finance, food access to green building, we work to advance social equity, economic opportunity, and environmental well-being. Together, we are making this place we live a home that we love. Learn more at ecotrust.org.
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
- Main point of contact for clients on the event day and providing outstanding customer service; be proactive in anticipating client needs and ensure follow-through.
- Set up audiovisual equipment and troubleshoot as needed.
- Set up and teardown for events, lifting and/or moving furniture; physical work is involved.
- Light housekeeping of event spaces, to include but not limited to: wiping down tables and chairs, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming and mopping floors, taking out the trash, recycling, and composting, etc.
- Light office work.
- Building security (unlock and lockup).
- Administrative duties: database work in Sales Force, processing contracts, checks, insurance forms, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of customer service/client care required.
- Experience in events/catering required.
- Reliable, Responsible, and Respectable.
- Must possess interest in wedding/social event coordination.
- Highly personable, proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to prioritize as the situation demands.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot as needed.
- Able to lift 50lbs or more. (Must be able to move conference center furniture on own.)
- Enthusiasm and knowledge about audio/visual equipment a plus.
- Work well in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to occasionally do repetitive tasks (set up/teardown).
- Must be organized and able to pay attention to minute details.
How To Apply:
Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC on the Ecotrust website) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to: email@example.com with “Event Coordinator” in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
This is a part-time, hourly position. Starting pay is $15.00 an hour. The opportunity for the right person to become full time is possible.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. Jobs@ecotrust.org must receive all required documentation.