The Food & Farms Coordinator will provide vital administrative support to the Food & Farms team across an array of projects and internal operations. The role will be primarily administrative in nature, working with the team to help Ecotrust meet its mission to advance development of a food system that is equitable, nutritious, restorative, prosperous and delicious.
Reporting to the Food & Farms Director and working closely with the rest of the Food & Farms team, the Food & Farms Coordinator will provide administrative and programmatic support for projects from conception to completion, including fundraising, evaluation, coordination with internal and external partners, meeting scheduling, note-taking and follow-ups, and public communications. A background in office management, nonprofit administration, or project management is required. Past experience in local food systems or restorative agriculture is wonderful, but not required.
Ecotrust is a regional organization based in Portland, Oregon that has been leading restoration-based economic development since 1991. Our mission is to inspire fresh thinking that creates economic opportunity, social equity, and environmental wellbeing. Our goal is to foster a natural model of development that creates more resilient communities, economies, and ecosystems here and around the world. We work to restore nature and invest in people, simultaneously. Ecotrust’s work in the Food & Farms sector is motivated by the idea that robust regional food economies would increase resilience while spurring local economic development, promoting restorative production practices, and creating opportunities for better individual and community health.
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
Learn more about our work here: www.ecotrust.org
Duties are varied and will include, among others:
- Support farmers and ranchers to grow their businesses, including coordinating meetings, events, and tradeshows, data collection, community outreach, and conducting preliminary research.
- Support the Northwest Food Buyers Alliance by helping coordinate three significant events annually, following up with members to ensure participation, preparing and sending e-newsletters, conducting member surveys, and supporting project administration.
- Help support the team’s commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion by building relationships with social justice organizations in the Portland-Metro region and participating in trainings and networking opportunities.
- Assist with grant writing and reporting.
- Provide administrative support to the Food & Farms team by scheduling meetings, taking notes, coordinating travel arrangements, etc.
- Three years’ experience with professional office support or project assistance
- Familiarity with MS Office applications (Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive, and Windows
- Demonstrable organization and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and dependable; ability to work independently and in a support role
- Experience in event planning, meeting organization, and scheduling
- Must be willing/able to work occasional evenings and weekends, and travel to meetings or conferences around the region occasionally.
Preferred But Not Required:
- Technical, Associate, or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of grassroots social justice organizations in the Portland-Metro region
- Knowledge of community food systems
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Experience with grant writing and fundraising
- Experience or expertise with digital communications (e.g., managing e-newsletters and website content) and social media
How To Apply:
Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to: email@example.com with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position.
The Selection Process:
- Initial review of minimum qualifications
- Phone interviews
- In-person interviews
- Reference checks
Salary Range: $39,000-$43,000
This is a full-time position. Ecotrust offers a full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, and disability coverage.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out to the contact above in advance to request assistance.