The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the maintaining the overall operation of Redd West including the appearance and functioning of the building. This is a half time position with potential for full time in the future.
Who we are: Ecotrust is a regional organization that has been leading restoration-based economic development since 1991. Ecotrust’s many innovations include cofounding an environmental bank, starting the world’s first ecosystem investment fund, creating a range of programs in fisheries, forestry, food, farms and indigenous affairs, and developing new scientific and information tools to improve social, economic and environmental decision making. Learn more about our work here: www.ecotrust.org
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks. This position will be primarily based at Redd West (Central Eastside Industrial District).
- Primary point of contact with building tenants. Respond to tenant requests as needed. Communicate issues and concerns to supervisor and Community Manager.
- Vendor contract administration and oversight including cleaning, garbage, landscaping, HVAC, etc.
- Assist finance and accounting staff with development and monitoring of budget, including identification of required capital expenditures.
- Communicate issues of drug use, homelessness, threats, and graffiti to law enforcement and emergency services.
- Follow schedule of maintenance related duties.
- Perform daily porter duties such as trash pickup, power washing etc. in order to keep the property looking its best.
- On call for building maintenance emergencies (evenings and weekends).
- Maintain maintenance records of mechanical systems.
- Identify maintenance needs and potential issues around building.
- Light sheetrock and paint repair.
- Self-directed problem solver
- Customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with public and tenants
- Valid driver license and vehicle (mileage reimbursed)
- Ability to safely operate hand tools
- Lift 40 pounds
- Knowledge of HVAC and mechanical, electrical, plumbing, landscaping and irrigation a plus
- Interest in the mission of Ecotrust and specifically food systems issues a plus
How To Apply:
Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to: email@example.com with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position.
Pay Range: $20 to $25 / hour depending on experience. This is a half-time position. Ecotrust offers a pro-rata full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, and disability coverage.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out to the contact above in advance to request assistance.