Occupying a central role within a collaborative and high-functioning development team, the Development Coordinator is a limited duration position (8 months) that will work closely with the Grants Manager and VP of Development to manage and implement a donor-centric development strategy that builds a diverse, dynamic pipeline of donors and supports the health and growth of the organization.
She/he serves as a liaison and support between program, development, and finance teams helping with grant proposals and reporting, maintaining accurate financial and donor records, and sustaining the systems and strategy for grants management at Ecotrust.
- Manage the master calendar of grant deadlines and proactively communicate timelines and requirements to responsible staff.
- Coordinate with program, development, and finance teams, ensuring on-time submission of proposals and reports.
- Assist in maintaining funder records in the development database and in paper files, including grant tracking, cultivation, and reporting.
- Work with program and finance teams in the proposal preparation and reporting process to ensure submission of accurate budgets and financial reports.
- With leadership from Grants Manager, maintain a streamlined grants management process and conduct research on potential funders to support the development of a more robust funding pipeline for key initiatives.
- In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the Development Coordinator will perform departmental administrative tasks as needed, such as data entry, event support, and travel coordination.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of Ecotrust’s mission and values.
- Ability to quickly learn new subject matter relating to environmental, conservation, social equity, and economic development issues.
- Excellent project management skills, with an ability to balance multiple deadlines, priorities, and working styles.
- Relevant development experience with a demonstrated record of success in fundraising.
- Knowledge of fundraising and grants processes, strategies, and resources.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience in Raiser’s Edge or knowledge of database management strongly preferred.
- Keen attention to detail, and strong editing/proofreading skills.
- Good team player, flexible work style, and excellent interpersonal skills that allow for strong working partnerships with staff and funders.
How To Apply:
Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
This position will remain open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by close of business on Friday, June 30.
This is a full-time limited duration position for 8 months, beginning July 24 through March 2018. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is $25,000-$30,000, commensurate with qualifications. The opportunity for the right person to remain on staff full-time after March 2018 is possible.
Benefits package includes retirement plan match, medical and dental insurance, and flexible spending account. Life insurance and disability coverage provided.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. Jobs@ecotrust.org must receive all required documentation.