This position is responsible for all asset management and compliance work for Ecotrust’s New Markets Tax Credit Program. This includes participating in transaction due diligence, managing relationships with investors, loan servicing, and ongoing program compliance activities.
Who we are: Ecotrust is a regional organization that has been leading restoration-based economic development since 1991. Ecotrust’s many innovations include cofounding an environmental bank, starting the world’s first ecosystem investment fund, creating a range of programs in fisheries, forestry, food, farms and indigenous affairs, and developing new scientific and information tools to improve social, economic and environmental decision making. Learn more about our work here: www.ecotrust.org
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
- Collect and review borrower financial statements, community benefits data, and other loan covenant requirements to ensure borrowers’ compliance
- Carry out required periodic testing to verify compliance with program requirements
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual reports to investors and state/federal agencies
- Perform loan servicing, including invoicing and subsequent distribution of funds to investors
- Assist with preparation of annual NMTC application
- In conjunction with the Investment team, confirm that proposed projects are eligible for NMTC program and ensure that all documentation fully supports the program requirements
- Participate in NMTC deal close activities with responsibilities for loan servicing and reporting terms, establishing banking relationships, providing NMTC allocation documentations and processing, and entity organization documents
The ideal candidate is also someone who has participated in complex financial transactions and is able to both understand the overall structure of the transaction as well as attend to the loan servicing and reporting details. The position requires some background and experience in lending operations, compliance and reporting. The candidate must be a self-starter, and must have a strong work ethic, the demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently work on several tasks simultaneously, and have excellent organizational skills. The candidate should enjoy working in an active and expanding nonprofit and thrive in a friendly, cooperative, and fast-paced environment.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Minimum 4 years of applicable experience
- Advanced user of Excel and other MS Office software
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM preferred
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work on a deadline
- Highly organized and self-directed
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Strong team player and ability to work effectively in a cooperative and diverse environment
- Commitment to the Ecotrust mission
How To Apply:
Please follow these directions closely. Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to email@example.com with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position.
Salary Range: $70-85k depending on experience.
This is a full-time position. Ecotrust offers a full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, and disability coverage.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out in advance to request assistance.