The Night Porter-Event Assistant will work with the NCC event staff and the Event and Sales Manager to clean, set-up, and maintain the event spaces. This may also involve customer service and light office duties. Physical work is a large part of the position. The Night Porter-Event Assistant will provide event setup and breakdown, which entails moving tables, chairs, small tents, and other event items. The position involves light housekeeping, including vacuuming, mopping, glass cleaning, and recycling/composting. Qualified candidates must be an effective team player, an organized and efficient worker, and committed to the organization’s mission. Position requires some graveyard shifts and flexibility with schedule.
Who we are: Ecotrust is powered by the vision of a world where people and nature thrive together. Since 1991, we have partnered with local communities from California to Alaska to build new ways of living and doing business. From forestry to finance, food access to green building, we work to advance social equity, economic opportunity, and environmental well-being. Together, we are making this place we live a home that we love. Learn more at ecotrust.org.
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
- Coordinating with Event Coordinator on the clean up after events
- Setup and teardown for events: ability to lift 60 pounds is a requirement. Setup and teardown is a majority of the job.
- Light housekeeping of event spaces, to include but not limited to: wiping down tables and chairs, vacuuming and mopping floors, taking out the trash, recycling, and composting, cleaning bathrooms, etc
- Building security (unlock and lockup)
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicating with clients in a positive, professional and helpful manner
- Setup audiovisual equipment and troubleshoot as needed
- Light maintenance duties
- Flexibility in scheduling is Most shifts are 3 – 6 hours each. Typically, but not limited to, Wednesday through Sunday, between the hours of 8PM to 7AM.
- Reliable, Responsible, and Respectable
- Ability to prioritize as the situation demands
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot as needed
- Able to lift 60lbs or (Must be able to move conference center furniture on own.)
- Ability to do repetitive tasks (set-up/teardown).
- Clean and organized
- Highly personable, proactive, and self-motivated
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Ecotrust
- Work well in a fast paced environment
How To Apply:
Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to: email@example.com with this position’s title in the subject line. This position is open until filled.
Salary Range: This is a part time, hourly position. Starting pay is: $15.00 an hour
Status: Part Time, 3-25 hours/week. Weekend availability is a must. Most shifts are 3 – 6 hours each, typically, but not limited to, Wednesday through Sunday, between the hours of 10PM to 7AM. Position demand fluctuates with season with the most need in the summer.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly- skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to request assistance.