The Facilities Manager is responsible for the overall building operations of The Ecotrust Building in the NW Pearl District and the Redd West Building in Central East Side Industrial District. This position supervises one staff member and manages many vendor relationships. It is a full time position with generous benefits.
Who we are: Ecotrust is powered by the vision of a world where people and nature thrive together. Since 1991, we have partnered with local communities from California to Alaska to build new ways of living and doing business. From forestry to finance, food access to green building, we work to advance social equity, economic opportunity, and environmental well-being. Together, we are making this place we live a home that we love. Learn more at ecotrust.org.
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks. This position will be primarily based at Ecotrust in the Pearl District.
- Primary point of contact with tenants for issues of access, safety, utilities and general building operations.
- Vendor contract administration and oversight including cleaning, garbage, landscaping, HVAC, etc.
- Manage system upgrade and tenant improvement capital projects.
- Manage access controls system.
- Work with Ecotrust Events and Engagement teams so that building is effectively used in the service of our mission.
- Assist finance and accounting staff with development and monitoring of budget, including identification of required capital expenditures.
- Communicate issues of drug use, homelessness, threats, and graffiti to law enforcement and emergency services.
- Design and follow schedule of maintenance related duties.
- Perform daily porter duties such as trash pickup, power washing etc. in order to keep the property looking its best.
- Monitor and manage upkeep of landscaping including parking lot, bioswales, and eco-roof.
- On call for building maintenance emergencies (evenings and weekends).
- Maintain maintenance records of mechanical systems.
- Identify maintenance needs and potential issues around building.
- Light plumbing and electrical work.
- Light sheetrock and paint repair.
- Self-directed problem solver
- Proven ability of staff management
- Customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with public and tenants
- Valid driver license and vehicle (mileage reimbursed)
- Ability to safely operate hand tools
- Lift 40 pounds, scale ladders, access crawl spaces and roofs
- Knowledge of HVAC and mechanical, electrical, plumbing, landscaping and irrigation a plus
- Commitment to sustainability required. LEED certification a plus.
- Interest in the mission of Ecotrust
How To Apply:
Please follow these directions closely. Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available on the Ecotrust website as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to email@example.com with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above. It is preferable if you send your documents as one pdf. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position.
Pay Range: $63,000 to $68,000 annually depending on experience
Ecotrust offers a full benefit package including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, and disability coverage.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to request assistance.